Leadership Training and Performance Coaching
“Leadership is the key to solving most organizational and personnel issues”
Have you ever wanted to improve your interpersonal skills or become a more effective leader? Have you overcome the victim within?
Eradicating the victim within, is absolutely critical to achieve the goals set forth by ourselves on this wild ride called life. Too many people write themselves off on account of not being what they ‘used to be’; however, you’ll never be defeated by what others say about you, but you will be defeated by what YOU, say about you. It is critically important to understand that we manifest our self-talk, as such, reframing becomes key when looking at who we were yesterday in relation to who we are today.
It’s starts with a tough inner conversation, then it’s uphill from there. Failure to voluntarily expose one’s shortcomings, inherently leads to an involuntary exposure sometimes with catastrophic results.
“One of the true tests of leadership is to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.”
So don’t wait. Let’s tackel these things together. When you work with Seb you will cover:
- Communication Skills: The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is an essential skill for all leaders.
- Introspective Leadership: Competence built from the inside out
- Problem-Solving and Decision-Making: Leaders need to be able to identify, analyze and solve problems, as well as make decisions in a timely manner.
- Strategic Thinking: Leaders need to be able to develop, plan and implement strategies that will achieve desired results.
- Cultural Competence: Leaders need to be aware of and knowledgeable about differentcultures to ensure that all team members are respected and valued.
- Conflict Resolution: Leaders must be able to recognize and manage conflicts between team members, or between the team and outside entities.
- Team Building: Leaders need to be able to foster a positive team environment and create a culture of collaboration and cooperation.
- Emotional Intelligence: Leaders need to be able to understand and manage their own and others’ emotions in order to create a productive and harmonious work environment.
- Change Management: Leaders need to be able to recognize and manage changes in their organization and help team members adjust to them.
- Mentorship: Leaders need to be able to provide guidance and support to their team members and help them
Sebastien Lavoie is the Chief Executive Officer of Raven Strategic Inc, a leadership trainer and performance coach, and a 23-year veteran of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) & the Canadian Armed Forces. After beginning his career in General Duty patrol, S/M Lavoie spent four years as a member of the Canadian Air Carrier Protec/ve Program “Air Marshall,” including two years as a training NCO. The primary focus of his career was as an Emergency Response Team Operator and Team Leader on the Lower Mainland ERT.
During his time in the RCMP, S/M Lavoie has developed his leadership skills through hundreds of complex tactical operations and critical incidents. Away from policing, S/M Lavoie is currently completing a Masters’s Degree in International Security (Global Counter Terrorism), the founder of Sheepdog and Dogs Den CrossFit, a Brazilian Jiujitsu Black Belt, and co-owner/instructor of Ascension Martial Arts in Poco.
He is a guest & motivational speaker and has been featured on over 50 podcast platforms, including Behind The Shield, The Silvercore Podcast, and Delta PD Chief DUBORD’s Bend don’t Break. In 2021, S/M Lavoie retired as BC Divisional Sergeant Major after 20 years in the RCMP.
“Leadership is the key to solving most organizational and personnel issues.”